Tyson Fury has again hit out at Dillian Whyte as his heavyweight rival continues to stall on negotiations for the their WBC title bout this spring. Whyte has long sought a world title bout with ‘The Gypsy King’, even accusing Fury of previously avoiding him, and his goal appeared to become reality in December when he was made the mandatory challenger to his crown.

However, ‘The Body Snatcher’ didn’t appear Fury’s first choice, as he prioritised pushing for a unification bout with Oleksandr Usyk, which would have meant Anthony Joshua stepping down from his proposed rematch with the Ukrainian.

Despite being offered a vast sum to withdraw, and a guaranteed title fight with the winner, ‘AJ’ rejected the deal, wanting to first win back his WBA, IBF, WBO, and IBO belts.

That seemed to pave the way for Fury v Whyte, with Wembley emerging as the frontrunner to host the momentous fight in front of 90,000 fans.

Fury’s co-promoter, Frank Warren, won the purse bid for the contest, with his fighter due to take £24 million of the 30 on offer, leaving just £6 million for challenger Whyte, a sum which would rise to £9 million were he to win.

JUST IN: Ricky Hatton in ‘advanced talks’ over boxing comeback fight vs Marco Antonio Barrera

However, since the fight was announced, Whyte has been anything but his vociferous self, saying nothing to the media and seemingly unhappy over his vastly inferior sum.

He has until Saturday, February 19 to sign the contract and return it to Fury and co, otherwise, British boxing fans could be left majorly disappointed again.

And now Fury, 33, has slammed his rival for his perceived silence: “I don’t hate Dillian Whyte and he doesn’t hate me, I am going to make him a lot of money, more than he could have made in a million lifetimes,” he told The Sun.

“He should admire me and I have respect for him as my WBC mandatory challenger. I think not talking is pathetic, we are here to talk-up and sell one of the biggest fights in British boxing history and he needs to play his part.”

DON’T MISS:
Kell Brook explains Chris Eubank Jr lesson shaping plan to blast out rival Amir Khan
Wladimir Klitschko joins Ukraine army defence to fight Russia if war breaks out
Boxing icon Mike Tyson ‘in advanced talks’ with Jake Paul for £36m Las Vegas megafight

Fury’s epic trilogy battle with Deontay Wilder last October came accompanied by a smaller purse, with Fury initially taking a 60-40 split of the £13 million on offer, a figure then enhanced by his victory.

However, despite now being set to benefit from an 80-20 split with Whyte, 33, he says the Brixton man should be grateful for his fee.

“He would be very sensible to take his money before he loses it. It is like this idiot has won the Euro Lottery,” he added.

Joshua, 32, wasn’t spared either, with Fury labelling him a “greedy coward” for declining the offer to step aside.