Tyson Fury will earn a huge £22 million when he takes on Dillian Whyte in an upcoming all-British battle after Frank Warren won the rights for the fight following a purse bid win over Eddie Hearn.
Fury, 33, is unbeaten in his 32 fights following his stunning 11th-round knockout win over Deontay Wilder in their trilogy clash on October 9.
The Wythenshawe-born star had reportedly been in talks to take on Oleksandr Usyk in an undisputed showdown but will now face Whyte next as he prepares to fight on British soil for the first time since 2018.
Fellow Brit Whyte, who won his 28th win out of 30 back in March with a fourth-round stoppage over Russian veteran Alexander Povetkin, will finally be granted the chance to fight for a world title after a long wait as WBC’s mandatory challenger.
Both heavyweights will be set for huge paydays, with WBC champion Fury pocketing a cool £22m while Whyte will get £5.5m. The split is 70-20 in the favour of champion Fury while the other 10 per cent (£3m) will be awarded as a bonus to the winner.
Frank Warren beat his rival promoter Eddie Hearn with a huge offer of just over £30m on Friday, making the biggest-ever purse bid in boxing history as it trumped the £24m paid for Evander Holyfield vs James Douglas all the way back in 1990.
According to ESPN, the all-British fight is being targeted to take place in April at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff in what would be a landmark event.
And Fury has told of his excitement to step back into the ring again after a six-month break.
“I’m coming home baby,” the Gypsy King said.
“Get ready for the biggest British dust-up since Lennox Lewis vs Frank Bruno. History in the making.”
Fury then went on to say he couldn’t wait to ‘punch Whyte’s face in’ as he fired a warning to his rival.
“I can’t wait to punch Dillian Whyte’s face right in,” he said.
“I’m going to give him the best hiding he’s ever had in his life. Train hard sucker because you’re getting annihilated, bum.
There had been talks that Fury could fight Usyk next if a step-aside agreement could be made with Anthony Joshua and Whyte.
Joshua’s promoter Hearn confirmed earlier this week that an offer had been made to AJ but that appears to have been rejected with Fury now pencilled in to fight Whyte later this year.
Fury took to social media to take aim at Joshua and his promoter Hearn after their teams failed to reach an agreement.
The Gypsy King claimed that Joshua and Hearn had lost out on a guaranteed £67 million by rejecting the deal.
He said: “I had to do this video, Eddie Hearn and Anthony Joshua have to be the worst two damn businessmen in history.
“Today they lost $90million, God damn sons of b******.”