is unconvinced by ‘s recent offer to face in December. The Matchroom Boxing chief is keen to get the fight booked but is sceptical about the legitimacy of what Fury says after his recent ‘bizarre’ behaviour. 

Speaking to talkSPORT Breakfast this morning, he said: “I had a chat last night with George Warren. I’d love to get really excited about this. Don’t forget we signed for this fight last year. It’s an interesting one, but the message is quite clear from AJ – he wants the fight. 

“I know, having spoken to AJ, if that fight is there and they’re serious get the details and offer over to us and I’ll take it to AJ. We didn’t expect this opportunity and we’ll definitely look at it. Let’s take the cynic away and see what we get back from the Fury camp.

“Fury’s outstanding at getting the public to believe absolute nonsense. Over the last two or three weeks, it’s been unbelievably bizarre. The big problem for Fury is the Usyk fight. Personally, I don’t think he’s serious about it but like I said, AJ would have no problem about taking this fight in December.”

Hearn’s comments come after Fury took to social media on Monday to offer Joshua a shot at the WBC title this year following the news that Usyk would be out of action until 2023. According to reports Fury and Usyk had been in talks to stage the first undisputed heavyweight unification clash of the four-belt era for December 17 but with Usyk still nursing injuries from his last fight with AJ, the proposed date has been pushed back to February.

A clearly frustrated Fury stated that he would not be waiting around for the Ukrainian and will be announcing a fight for December this week. Posing with his WBC belts, The Gypsy King called for Joshua to fill the spot via a video posted to Twitter: “I think you’ve all heard that I’m going to be fighting in the next few months. I think that before I announce an opponent, I need to do this, just in case.

MORE BOXING NEWS…

Joshua left red-faced after trainer makes Fury vs Usyk verdict

Wilder sends Usyk offer after Fury £500m demand

Fury makes fresh offer to Joshua with Usyk fight in doubt

“Anthony Joshua, I know you’ve just lost a fight to Usyk and you’re beltless at the moment. I’d like to give you an opportunity to fight me for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world and the lineal championship in the next few months. 

“You’re coming off a 12-round fight, you’re match fit, you’re ready. I’m giving you a few months’ notice. If you’re interested, I’ll send you a date over and we can rumble. A battle of Britain for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world. Let me know if you’re interested, if not, I will select another opponent.”

Joshua and Fury had been scheduled to face each other on August 14 2021. However, 24 hours after the announcement was made, a US court ruled that Deontay Wilder was entitled to exercise his option for a third fight with Fury — leaving the all-British showdown in tatters. This was only furthered when the Watford powerhouse was defeated by his WBO mandatory, Oleksandr Usyk. But with no roadblocks, in the way, as of right now, the long-awaited grudge match may well come to fruition.