Cricket West Indies (CWI) has confirmed that they will host India for a couple of T20 internationals in the United States of America (USA).
India will finish their white-ball leg of UK tour on July 17 and those selected would leave for the Caribbean Islands from England. The West Indies versus India ODI series and the three T20Is will be played across Trinidad and Tobago and St Kitts & Nevis, while the final two T20Is are scheduled to be held in Fort Lauderhill, Florida in the USA.
In an elaborate statement issued to Cricbuzz, the CWI said, “The eight-match India white ball tour concludes with an exciting weekend of back-to-back T20I fixtures at the Broward County Cricket Stadium in Lauderhill, Florida from August 6 and 7.
“The first T20I on Friday, July 29 will be historic as the first ever Men’s T20I to be played at the Brian Lara Cricket Academy in the south of Trinidad. The venue for the back-to-back second and third T20I matches is Warner Park, St Kitts, coinciding with Emancipation Day and Culturama holiday celebrations there,” the CWI added.
Schedule for India tour of West Indies 2022
- July 22: 1st ODI – Queen’s Park Oval, Trinidad
- July 24: 2nd ODI – Queen’s Park Oval, Trinidad
- July 27: 3rd ODI – Queen’s Park Oval, Trinidad
- July 29: 1st T20I – Brian Lara Cricket Academy, Trinidad
- August 1: 2nd T20I – Warner Park, St Kitts
- August 2: 3rd T20I – Warner Park, St Kitts
- August 6: 4th T20I – Broward County Cricket Stadium, Lauderhill, Florida, USA
- August 7: 5th T20I – Broward County Cricket Stadium, Lauderhill, Florida, USA