Quinton Narkle is officially on the market after the midfielder was among five delistings announced by Geelong just four days after winning the AFL premiership.

The 24-year-old played just five games this year, the last coming in round 16 before his third and final appearance as an unused medical substitute.

His bit-part role in the Cats’ run to the grand final came after exploring long-term opportunities away from the club at the end of last season, only to re-sign on a one-year deal.

Analysis, local footy and the biggest moments, Seven and 7plus are the home of footy shows for every fan. Stream them all for free on 7plus >>

Narkle has not been linked strongly to a particular team so far this off-season but his status as a delisted free agent will offer up an easy passage to the best situation.

“I think Narkle will find a spot on a list. The talent is there, he just hasn’t put it together,” Geelong ruck coach Josh Jenkins said on Trade Radio.

Narkle was delisted by Geelong on Wednesday alongside Francis Evans, Nick Stevens, Paul Tsapatolis and Zane Williams.

Quinton Narkle has departed Geelong. Credit: Getty

“We thank Quinton, Francis, Nick, Paul, and Zane for their efforts over their time at Geelong and wish them every success in their future endeavours,” football boss Simon Lloyd said.

“Each player has played their part in our recent success, and we thank them for their commitment and dedication to our football program.

“To pull on the hoops is an achievement in of itself, and each of these young men should be incredibly proud to have represented the Geelong Football Club.

“We have witnessed Quinton, Francis, Nick, Paul, and Zane grow as players and people during their time at the club.”

Evans has been linked with a move to Port Adelaide.

“I think Evans is an AFL-level half-forward. He’s strong-bodied, he’s the one with the most to offer,” Jenkins said.

Joel Selwood is retiring on the highest of highs. Credit: Daniel Pockett/AFL Photos/via Getty Images

Elsewhere at the Cats, captain Joel Selwood looks set to call time on his career after the club announced a snap press conference for Wednesday afternoon.

The 34-year-old on Saturday said he wanted to soak in the flag without making “an emotional decision”.

He will be third straight Geelong skipper to bow out after lifting the premiership cup, after Tom Harley in 2009 and Cameron Ling in 2011.

Luke Dahlhaus is expected to bring his 225-game career to a close, following fellow former Western Bulldogs player turned Geelong teammate Shaun Higgins into retirement.

Tanner Bruhn is all set to reach Geelong. Credit: Darrian Traynor/Getty Images

Geelong have made no secret of their plans to rebuild on the run over the last decade with Chris Scott at the helm.

GWS midfielder Tanner Bruhn and Collingwood forward Ollie Henry – both Geelong Falcons products – have been strongly linked with moves to the Cats.

Tanner Bruhn and Ollie Henry were both first-round draft picks in 2020 and have impressed during their first two AFL seasons.

Henry was on hand at last week’s grand final as brother Jack Henry played a key role for the Cats in shutting down Swans superstar Lance Franklin.

– with AAP

TV interview hijacked by brawl between basketball teammates.

TV interview hijacked by brawl between basketball teammates.