Tensions are at fever pitch ahead of one of the biggest boxing bouts of the year, with heavyweight stars Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte set to collide at Wembley. The London showdown is sure to be attended by a long list of celebrities and figures from the fight business, but David Haye has been told he’s not welcome among them.

At least not if John Fury has anything to say about it, having reiterated his stance that the ‘Hayemaker’ is not to be in attendance. The father of the WBC heavyweight champion has been hostile towards Haye in the past, going so far as to offer to fight the former cruiserweight star himself.

Haye was supposed to fight Fury Jr. in 2013 and 2014, only for both bouts to be scrapped after the former suffered cuts and a shoulder injury in the build-up. Those stumbles set the tone for a tense dynamic between the pair, which hasn’t eased after former WBA heavyweight champion Haye hung up his gloves.

“He’s not allowed to be there [at the fight],” said Fury Snr. ahead of Saturday’s Wembley face-off, per TalkSport’s Michael Benson. “If he is, they’ll regret it. I’m gonna tell you now David, you’ve shot your mouth off once too far mate. If you’re there, have your tin hat on pal, because you’re gonna need it.”

READ MORE

British boxer Fes Batista on racial abuse, Roy Jones Jr, Lady Gaga, Mayweather and more